From finding the perfect costume to clever makeup tips, our gifting experts at Daily Ovation share their expertise for choosing a Halloween costume and makeup (hair and accessories) — for having a thrilling time this holiday season!
1. Read the fine print. Know exactly what costume pieces and accessories you’re getting before buying. It’s important to carefully read and detail everything that is included so there are no surprises. As with any consumer goods, read the return and exchange policy before making a purchase.
2. Predict the weather. Before you buy, think about what the weather may be like on October 31. Leotards and tights help girls stay warm underneath a skirted costume. For boys or girls, long sleeve T-shirts under their costumes add a layer of warmth.
3. Know the right size. Let’s keep in mind that a children’s size 4-6 is the clothing size, not an age range. For most costumes the sizes of women’s costumes are based on dress sizes, while the sizes for men’s costumes are based on jacket sizes.
Shop SEXY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES HERE
4. To save money, use makeup. Low on cash this month? Change your face with makeup to help the same costume look dramatically different if attending multiple Halloween events. Be sure to follow all directions for applying and removing makeup and make sure any makeup you use is hypoallergenic.
5. Accessorize to add variety. You can always add gloves or a hat to help make the same costume look different from one night to the next. Plus, adding different accessories is a more affordable alternative than purchasing multiple costumes.
9. Make costumes safe. Some costumes come with masks or hats. If the eye slits of a mask are too small to see out of, make them a little bigger by cutting them open. Then use makeup to blend in the color of the mask with your skin.
10. Know your pet. Dressing up your pet for Halloween? Please remember that some pets just don’t like to wear a costume If you’re going to try it, stick to something that has a cape if your pet isn’t thrilled about wearing a costume.
The altering your make up is a great tip, especially since most people take selfies too!
I would love to see more pet costumes, I don’t really dress up much but my dog loves it.