Come 3pm, there’s nothing better than popping the kettle on for a cup of tea and a little somethin’ sweet to tie you over until dinner time. But what we don’t want is a massive sugar spike followed by that dreaded crash and burn, so we’re always on the hunt for healthy swaps when it comes to our favourite treats.
Feel like getting creative in the kitchen? This delectable cookie recipe by Sally O’Neil aka The Fit Foodie is a delicious alternative to your usual squares of dark chocolate or spoonful of peanut butter. What we love most about these chunky cookies is that they only contain FOUR ingredients and there is zero baking required—we repeat, zero baking required—so they are an absolute breeze to put together and perfect for amateur foodies (holla).
Oh, and did we mention that they’ll last up to one month in the freezer? Hello, endless supply of snacks!
So if you’re ready for the ultimate chocolate hit come mid afternoon, keep on scrolling for the recipe—and be sure to save some for your work wives, will ya.
Don’t Miss The Latest Health/Wellness Blogs
4 Ingredient Freezer Cookies
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener of choice (I prefer Rice Malt Syrup)
- 70g 85% dark chocolate, melted
- Chia seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- Add ingredients to a bowl or food processor
- Mix well, then form into balls and press onto a lined plate or tray
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer, and coat in melted chocolate then sprinkle over chia seeds (if desired) and pop back in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set hard.
- Enjoy! Can be kept frozen for up to a month.