For three weekends this month, Indio will be pounded by heavy traffic congestion thanks to the music festivals.
The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival takes place the weekends of April 13-15 and April 20-22, followed by the Stagecoach country music festival on the weekend of April 27-29. Many of the roads leading to the Empire Polo Club on Avenue 51 will either fill with concertgoers or completely shut down.
According to the city of Indio, the primary roads to the venue are:
- Southbound Washington, Jefferson and Monroe streets between Interstate 10 and Avenue 52
- Highway 111 at the intersections of Jefferson and Monroe
- Eastbound Interstate 10 at Washington, Jefferson and Monroe
STAY UP TO DATE ON THE LATEST LIFESTYLE ARTICLES HERE
The following roads will be closed each Friday through Monday:
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth and Monroe streets
- Avenue 50 between Madison and Jackson streets
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and AVenue 52
There will be no pedestrian access on Monroe between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52, and Madison between Avenue 50 and Avenue 52. Pedestrian access to the venue is only allowed at the corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe and the corner of Avenue 52 and Madison.
Uber, Lyft and taxis will pick up and drop off attendees at the southwest corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe Street.
Anyone who wants to avoid congestion during the concerts should use Golf Center Parkway or Washington, Jackson or Calhoun streets when traveling north and south. If heading east and west, they should use Highway 111, Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Dr. Carreon Boulevard and Avenue 54.
SOURCE: (DESERT SUN)