It’s time to get the ideal gift for fitness enthusiast. Fitness Premier 24/7 Clubs suggest a foam roller. This gift will help them calmly relax on a routine basis, rather than a nice, but one-time massage session. Additionally, mid-range rollers also cost less than one massage therapist appointment.
Moreover, foam rollers can be used both pre- and post- workout as an incredible tool for muscle repair and relaxation.
Why Foam Rolling?
Foam rolling offers a handful of benefits both directly after a workout and when used on a regular basis. Muscle growth is directly related to the breakdown and repair of the muscle fibers.
“When strength training, small tears are made to the tissue. But don’t be concerned. It happens all the time as muscles strengthen. They heal and build more muscle. But, as this is happening, knotty areas can form, causing muscle tissue to ‘tighten up’ and causing more discomfort than necessary.
Using a foam roller assists in creating nice, lean muscle by smoothing out the knotty areas,” says Jason Markowicz, founder of Fitness Premier.
How Does A Foam Roller Do This?
Foam rollers are known to flush away lactic acid. Lactic acid is the byproduct of working out your muscles. With those small tears, lactic acid is what created post workout soreness. When you use a foam roller the right way after a workout, you can flush some of the lactic acid and manage the tenderness you feel after an extreme exercise.
In addition, a foam roller also prevents injuries. Muscles that are tight and constricted are the enemy of staying injury free. Foam rolling gives those muscles an opportunity to relax and stretch releasing the constriction from a workout. As a result, this creates less tension for ligaments and tendons and decreases the occurrence of related injury.
A Foam Roller Provides A Pre-Workout Boost
Although it may seem illogical to all of the above, there are benefits to using your foam roller before a workout as well. For example, by increasing circulation, you can get the blood pumping and your muscles warm. Warm muscles perform better and will give you an opportunity to push yourself harder and further than if you come in cold.
Getting through an intense workout is a major adrenaline rush and then it just comes to an end. Cooling down and using your foam roller can easily return your stress hormones, heart rate, and blood pressure to pre workout levels.
Fitness Premier Fit Pros Suggest The Following:
- Rolling out after workouts, at least twice a week.
- Remember to breathe.
- Break up sessions into muscle groups and break up larger muscles into short sections.
- Don’t over-roll. Only spend 30-45 seconds per specific area or 3-4 minutes total on a muscle group.
- Don’t use too much pressure. Working out knots will always take some pressure but shouldn’t be extremely painful. If it hurts intensely, ease back the pressure.
- Roll before workouts too, especially if specific muscles will be working very hard.
- Take care not to roll directly over any bones or joints. Be aware to stay on muscle and never on ligaments or organs.
“Consistency is key when foam rolling. By doing a little bit each day, you will see huge large term benefits that will allow you to do all the things that you love,” says Markowicz.
Who Is Foam Rolling For?
It’s not just for individuals who are into fitness. A foam roller is also an ideal gift for…
- People who are stuck at a desk all day and cannot fully stretch their quads.
- People who lift or bend all day for work and have been working their side quads a lot.
- People who work on a computer all day and need to decompress their spine and open up their chest and shoulders.
About JASON MARKOWIZC and FITNESS PREMIER
Jason Markowicz, founder of Fitness Premier 24/7 Clubs, has a passion for successful fitness and nutrition which drove him to create their outstanding brand of individualized coaching.
That’s why Fitness Premier Clubs are outfitted with all the great features of traditional clubs like cardio equipment, strength training equipment, free weights, and a functional training area, but they all also offer personal training, team training, and nutritional services. They specialize in focusing on results-oriented, individual success plans, tailored to help clients reach their fitness goals.
Currently, Fitness Premier is looking to serve even more communities. Contact Markowicz for franchising information.