PRIMA Cinema, Inc., the world’s first digital distribution company to offer highly secure delivery of theatrical release films to private home theaters, announced today its list of the Top 10 Box Office films based on total receipts:
- Jurassic World (Universal Pictures)
- Furious 7 (Universal Pictures)
- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (Lionsgate Entertainment)
- Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (Paramount Pictures)
- Minions (Universal Pictures)
- The Imitation Game (The Weinstein Company)
- Fifty Shades of Grey (Focus Features)
- Terminator Genisys (Paramount Pictures)
- Insurgent (Lionsgate Entertainment)
- The Transporter Refueled (Relativity/EuropaCorp)
The company markets and sells the PRIMA Cinema movie player technology to exclusive clients across the United States, including Hollywood celebrities, directors and producers, sports franchise owners and pro-athletes, senior Wall Street and Silicon Valley executives, high-net worth entrepreneurs, senior Washington D.C.diplomats and serious home theater enthusiasts.
“This has been our highest-grossing twelve months ever resulting in a breakout year for the company,” said Richard Jenkins, Head of Content at PRIMA Cinema, “and our success is a result of working closely with all of our studio partners to bring the best quality films to our client’s private home theaters on opening weekend.” He added, “Our studio partners and clients are also excited that our new 4K movie player is coming out shortly.”
The PRIMA Cinema movie player, which includes a biometric fingerprint authentication device, is currently sold for a one-time fee of $35,000 with films offered on a transactional VOD basis at $500 per view and in a format that surpasses Blu-ray standards to provide the ultimate home theater experience. The company’s next generation 4K system, developed together with Dolby, has a planned rollout during Q2 2016, is DCI compliant and will also feature Dolby Atmos® playback capability.