Gogo Inc., a leading provider of in-flight connectivity and entertainment solutions to the global aero market, announces that its subsidiary, Gogo Business Aviation LLC, has been selected by NetJets, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the worldwide leader in private aviation, for a new program that will bring a minimum of 650 Gogo in-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) systems to the NetJets fleet.
The program will provide NetJets customers with a full suite of IFEC capabilities including voice and texting (via passengers’ own smartphones and mobile numbers), Internet, e-mail, on-demand movies, TV episodes, news, moving maps, flight progress information, destination weather and more.
No other fractional provider is believed to offer such an advanced and complete in-flight connectivity and entertainment experience to its customers. Adam Johnson, NetJets’ SVP of Global Sales, Marketing and Owner Services said, “We continue to incorporate the latest in market trends to our fleet offerings through partnerships like we have developed with Gogo. Collectively, these help to create the customer experience that is so unique to NetJets.”
John Wade, Gogo Business Aviation’s executive vice president and general manager, said, “We’re pleased to continue our long-standing relationship with NetJets while helping deliver a new level of in-flight experience to its owners. Connectivity and entertainment services are significant competitive differentiators in today’s fractional market. Behind safety, we continue to hear those services cited as most critical by passengers.”
Today’s announcement marks a number of historic aviation milestones:
- Business aviation’s largest fleet selection of In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)
- Business aviation’s first fleet selection of Gogo Vision
- First deployment of automatic IFE content updates in fractional market
- First selection of Gogo Text & Talk in the fractional market
- Business aviation’s largest fleet selection of Gogo Text & Talk to date
- First selection of UCS 5000 smart router/media server in fractional market
The program will deploy a host of individual products, services and on-board hardware from Gogo Business Aviation, including:
- Gogo Biz – in-flight Internet and voice service
- Gogo Text & Talk – service that enables calling and texting in flight with passengers’ own smartphones and mobile numbers.
- Gogo Vision – in-flight entertainment and information service
- Includes on-demand movies, TV episodes, news, moving maps, flight progress information and destination weather.
- Operationally, Gogo Vision will be updated automatically via Gogo Cloud, the company’s exclusive, nationwide content delivery network. Gogo Cloud is now available at select Signature Flight Support locations in the U.S.
- UCS 5000 – in-cabin smart router and media server
Installations aboard the first aircraft in the program have already been completed at Duncan Aviation facilities in Lincoln, NE, and Battle Creek, MI.