Earth Day is around the corner and to help celebrate this global observance, premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet has an extensive lineup of eco-friendly lifestyle apparel and fitness gear designed with the environment in mind. Pursuing the great outdoors is a passion of Sport Chalet’s athletes, so in return, Sport Chalet aims to provide environmentally friendly options to those who live and breathe by the roads, trails, waters and everything in between.
“Green initiatives and eco-mindedness are ceaseless trends that have become integral parts of consumers’ lifestyles,” said Sport Chalet Expert Paul Smedley. “In addition to the same comfort, quality, style and durability consumers have grown accustomed to find in our products, the eco-friendly gear provides athletes with the opportunity to give back to the environment while enjoying it at the same time.”
To show Mother Earth appreciation this Earth Day, go green with this lineup of environmentally friendly fitness gear compiled by Smedley:
- Enjoy nature’s beauty and go for a short trail run, a day hike or just a stroll around the lake. Keep everything in one place with the Mountainsmith Nitro TLS, a lightweight lumbar pack made with 100 percent recycled P.E.T. fabrics.
- Perform the yoga Earth salutation on the STOTT PILATES Eco-friendly Mat made from 100 percent thermal plastic elastomer foam. This reversible and easy-to-carry mat can help do something good for the mind, body and the environment.
- With a busy schedule, making time to go to the gym can be difficult. Work out with the high-quality, eco-friendly Natural Fitness Resistance Toning Kit, an all-in-one home gym including a non-toxic and phthalate-free vinyl burst resistant exercise ball, multi-layered, natural rubber resistance tubes with adjustable handles made from recycled plastic and an ankle cuff to provide a full body workout. For every product sold, Natural Fitness will fund the planting of a tree through its Zero Impact Program.
Experience all the land has to offer in comfort with these consciously crafted apparel items:
- Have fun in the sun in the Billabong Men’s Havana Short Sleeve T-Shirt made of 50 percent recycled polyester and Hurley Men’s Puerto Rico Boardshort designed with recycled supersuede.
- Look stylish while working out and help divert waste from the environment with The North Face Women’s Tadasana Crop Legging, made with over 99 percent recycled content. These versatile leggings are created for a compressive, supportive and flattering fit.
- Stay warm during cool-weather runs with The North Face Men’s Impulse Active 1/4 Zip and The North Face Women’s Impulse Active 1/4 Zip, made with raw materials and environmentally responsible dyeing and finishing processes. This Bluesign-approved active wear is designed with FlashDry fibers to regulate body temperature and maximum breathability.