Most of West Los Angeles was affected the evening of Thursday April 21, when President Obama, his motorcade, and visitors filled Brentwood’s Tavern Restaurant for an exclusive dinner. Guests included Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Will Ferrell among dozens of others.
Caroline Styne, Tavern Restaurant’s co-owner explains:
Many have asked us about our dinner last evening for President Obama at Tavern. It was an incredible and intense experience for Suzanne, me, and everyone that works with us. The planning, anticipation and execution of the evening was nerve-wracking and exciting beyond description. We and our entire staff are just so honored to have been entrusted with such an important evening.
All of the guests seemed to truly enjoy themselves and their time with the President. He was gracious and generous with his time, going beyond the donors at the dinner and taking time to shake the hand of every staff member at the restaurant. We couldn’t be more pleased with the evening as a whole. Here’s the menu everyone has been asking about.
An Evening with President Obama Menu
- crab ” louie ” with little gems, tomatoes, eggs and russian dressing
- baked torchio with radicchio, wild mushrooms, asparagus and taleggio
- braised beef daube with carrot purée, tomato confit and tapenade
- three cheeses with griddled tavern toasts
- “snickers” bar with salted peanut caramel and vanilla ice cream