Epson Sponsors 13th Annual Palm Springs Photo Festival
Epson today announced it is continuing its sponsorship of the annual Palm Springs Photo Festival. The festival offers the opportunity for professional, fine-art, and serious amateur photographers to study with legendary photographers, participate in portfolio reviews and attend seminars and presentations by world famous image makers.
Epson will be sponsoring an evening festival event, featuring a gallery of images printed with the Epson SureColor® P5000 17-inch wide-format printer on Epson Legacy Papers, and two educational seminars with famed printmaker R. Mac Holbert. The Palm Springs Photo Festival will take place May 6-11, 2018 at the Palm Springs Hyatt Hotel in Palm Springs, Calif.
“Epson strives to empower photographers with the technology to print their legacy and is honored to be returning to the Palm Springs Photo Festival where the atmosphere is unlike any other fine-art photography event,” said Dan (Dano) Steinhardt, marketing manager, Epson America, Inc. “The festival brings together a community of like-minded photographers to collaborate on the art and technology of photography as well as celebrate some of the finest photographic works.”
STAY UP TO DATE ON THE LATEST LIFESTYLE ARTICLES HERE
During the Palm Springs Photo Festival, master printmaker R. Mac Holbert will be on-site available to answer questions from photographer and performing live printing demonstrations on the Epson SureColor P800 17-inch desktop photographic printer, SureColor P5000 17-inch desktop production photographic printer, and SureColor P6000 24-inch wide-format photographic printer. In addition, Epson will be sponsoring the following events during the Palm Springs Photo Festival:
- Palm Springs Photo Festival Event: Join the festivities and engage with photographers admiring the Epson fine-art gallery showcasing images from a range of celebrated photographers printed with the Epson SureColor P5000 17-inch wide-format printer on Epson Legacy Papers – Legacy Platine, Legacy Baryta, Legacy Fibre, and Legacy Etching.
- Wednesday, May 9 from 11:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Demystifying Color Management with R. Mac Holbert: Holbert will explain the importance in creating high-quality prints and the implementation of a color managed workflow in easy to understand language, providing visuals that will empower amateurs and advanced printmakers.
- Monday, May 7 from 10:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Structuring Your Digital Workflow: The Importance of Proper Sequence: R. Mac Holbert will present an all-important workflow sequence and provide participants with a non-destructive sequenced workflow philosophy that is applicable to anyone involved in digital imaging.
- Tuesday, May 8 from 9-10:45 a.m.
To learn more about the Palm Springs Photo Festival visit: http://2018.palmspringsphotofestival.com/
SOURCE: Epson America, Inc.