Social Media Tips for Businesses From United Digital CEO Joe Wehinger
At our company, United Digital, our major focus is strengthening internet presence for our clients that results in awareness and sales. There are a number of ways to accomplish these results – social media marketing, video production and promotion, SEO, branding — just to name a few. Today we’re going to talk about one of the first steps – basic social media tips.
Sponsored: Learn more about Joe Wehinger and United Digital and Associates here.
If you are developing your business, it is critical to be where your customers are on the web. Developing an engaging and responsive social media presence can make a huge difference in your overall marketing strategy. And the good news is that you do not need to be a “new media guru” to understand the beginning steps. By following some very simple steps, you can quickly grow your following, develop new leads, and network with other amazing people.
- Establish credibility quickly! Ask your clients to recommend you on their own social platforms. Examples of this can be leaving positive comments on their own social media pages and endorsements on LinkedIn)
- Reserve your name. As a part of establishing a solid online presence, make sure you protect the integrity of your personal and brand name! Go on as many social platforms as possible and create an account under the name of your brand, even if you don’t plan on using that platform regularly. Doing this will make sure that you have the same consistent name across all social media sites. If you create an account at a site that you do not plan on using, make sure to create a brief message saying “for more information go to my website!” and include the link.
Sponsored: United Digital and Associates specializes in social media, video production, website design. Learn more here!
- Select your pictures wisely. Make sure your profile photos are recognizable and professionally shot. If you will be using a picture of a person, make sure it is a high quality photo that properly represents your brand, no selfies! If you are using a logo, make sure it is consistent across all platforms and good quality.
- Have a good bio. Your bio should be consistent on all sites using the same keywords and phrases to describe your business. If people look at your profile and wonder “what do they do?,” you have lost out on an opportunity.
- “Always be analyzing.” It’s important to review and analyze how much traffic your links and posts are getting. To best do that, you want to use a URL shortener to track who is clicking all of the links you share on social media. ly is a good option but there are many other options as well. Twitter and Facebook also have analytics tools that allow you to see the engagement level of your posts.
Sponsored: Find more inspiration and life hacks — visit DAILY OVATION ENTREPRENEUR
- Make a plan. Keep in mind that you are using social media for a very specific reason: to grow your business. In order for you to be effective, it is a must that you develop a social media strategy with specific goals and progress benchmarks. You also need to develop a regular and consistent posting schedule. Tools like Hootsuite and Buffer are great for scheduling posts.
- Remember it’s a two-way street. If you want to be effective, you want to pay careful attention to how people use social media and join the conversation! Create a list of influencers, thought leaders, potential clients, and people you would like to do business with in the future and make sure to engage with them!