Select Page

Something Cool happened in New Jersey [video]

18-year-old Michelle Ryan Lauto is impressive.  She’s just begun college and I have to wonder what she’s studying.  Politics?  Communication / broadcast journalism?

She stood up for a just cause and encouraged nearly 15,000 students to follow her.  How?  Social media.  Texts, MySpace and of course, a Facebook event invite.

How?  Why?

For an admirable reason actually.  Education.  Governor Chris Christie announced that he would be cutting $820 million in educational funding for next year.

Most kids, the typical lazy or un-interested student couldn’t care less.  Lauto found a way to inspire them.

Kudos to Michelle Ryan Lauto.  So long as the activities stay peaceful and well-organized, we’re better off speaking up for our beliefs.

To friend and follow Michelle Ryan:

Michelle Ryan’s Facebook
Michelle Ryan’s Twitter

To friend and follow this article’s author Joe Wehinger:

Joe Wehinger’s Facebook
Joe Wehinger’s Twitter

Connected Interactive’s Facebook
Connected Interactive’s Twitter
Connected Interactive’s MySpace
Connected Interactive’s YouTube

For more education and student news, please register.  It’s FREE and relatively painless.

Newark students walk out of school, take City Hall
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

About The Author

Joe Wehinger is the CEO of United Digital & Associates and the Publisher of this magazine Daily Ovation. He enjoys (and writes about) food, wine, spirits, travel, technology and philanthropy. Mostly, he likes to get people excited and curious about the things that get him excited and curious. Thanks for reading!

Gift Guides

GET THE SCOOP!

Sign up for emails to get the scoop on products and news

You have successfully subscribed! Don't forget to confirm your email from Daily Ovation.

Follow Us On Instagram

Weekly Newsletter

Sign up to our newsletter for the latest in entertainment, wine, lifestyle, and charity